Technology

You Deserve Someone Better, I’m Just Sorry I’m Not There Yet

 You Deserve Someone Better, I’m Just Sorry I’m Not There Yet 


If I could turn back time, I would have moved a little slower. But you know everyone, myself included, constantly thinks about the next move and if it’s right.

If I could turn back time, I would have trusted you more and opened up. But I gave you reasons not to trust me. I wasn’t trying to hurt you I was just trying to protect myself from getting hurt.

If I could turn back time, I would have listened more to what you wanted and not the things I thought you did.

Because you were decent and you were kind and it was my flaw for not realizing your value.

I thought the faster we get there, wherever it may be, it’ll all work out. But I was speeding through motions only to crash along the way. But you were more concerned about the journey than the destination.

If I could turn back time I’d say sorry. I wanted so badly for it to work. Maybe I wanted it too badly that I jeopardized something that could have been great instead of naturally letting things run it’s course.

But I’m an intense person. Maybe that was one of the things you liked about me. Because you were simple and I was anything but that. I like knowing where we’re going. I like knowing when we’ll get there. I like being in control and steering the reins. But love and relationships require even the most type-A to loosen their grip and step back a little.

I don’t know if I’ll ever get to say I’m sorry. I don’t know if I’ll ever stop missing you. Because you were different. You looked at me for who I was and not what I was. You looked into my eyes whispering I’m beautiful. But your eyes didn’t wander anywhere else. You spoke in such a way I wondered if someone like you could even be real.

And I thought we were compatible. I thought for once I met my match. But maybe I wasn’t ready for a good guy just yet. Maybe I wasn’t ready for the best guy to enter my life and sweep me off my feet. Because I was the one to mess this up not you.

I’m sorry I wasn’t ready for you.

I know I deserve the best, as do you. But sometimes even people who deserve it aren’t ready for that sort of thing yet. So maybe it was my flaw.

So I say sorry for ruining something that could have been great. I say thank you for setting the template for how I should be treated and I hope one day our paths can cross again. Maybe time will be in our favor and maybe I won’t be the factor against us. Because you deserve someone equal to your standard, I just don’t know if I’m there yet.
You Deserve Someone Better, I’m Just Sorry I’m Not There Yet  You Deserve Someone Better, I’m Just Sorry I’m Not There Yet Reviewed by David Stevens on 10:40 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.