Technology

Living in the Moment

Living in the Moment



Time is a monster that cannot be reasoned with. It responds like a snail to our impatience, then it races like a gazelle when you can’t catch a breath.

Do you ever feel like time is passing by so quickly that you feel like you’ve missed out on the little things in life?

Like, what if we wake up one day, 10 years from now, and everything has blown right by us as if it were 3 minutes… gone… just like that.

I’m not talking about living for the moments to come, but for the moments that are in front of us now.

I look back on old family photos and videos and think, life used to be so simple, delicate, every moment more electric and inspiring than the last, and now more complicated than ever. But, why does it have to be?

Remember the feeling when you were about 4, and you blew a dandelion in the wind and saw the little fluff being carried away? Remember how you used to catch those little fluffs from the dandelions and make a wish? That’s the feeling I’m talking about that’s been lost. The delicate and magical moments of our childhood that seemed to fly by too quickly.

Lately I’ve been realizing that time has passed me by without even noticing. Feeling as though special moments have seemed to escape me. There are so many lovely moments where I wish I could have just stopped time to breathe in the world around me without skipping ahead, and looking for the next best thing.

With this day and age, modern society says everyone must have an iPhone, emails turned on at all times, and if you miss a beat,  you will get left behind. I’m probably not the best example when it comes to turning off technology, I mean my iPhone is practically glued to my hand 24/7. But there are times where I wish I could set my phone down, go outside, and breathe in the world around me. capture the moment, and hold onto it, because I know 65 years from now, I won’t have the strength to do some of the things I am able to do now.

Learning to laugh at the little things, not taking life so seriously, and not taking life for granted is something I aspire to achieve. I think we all should, right?

If we’re not careful with our choices, and if we choose to look too far ahead rather than right here, right now, we are at risk of being swept away in a wave of memories that will soon vanish if we don’t learn to stop to be in the present moment..remembering the little things, and enjoying our life we are living right now.

We only get one shot at this life, so make it a good one. Do this for yourself, and no one else. Compliment someone, make their day, and pay it forward. These are all small things you can do in a day to help someone through a tough day, because we don’t know what they could be going through.

I hope you all take the time to enjoy the moments, and really live them, not just pass through them to get to the next event in life.There was a quote I heard recently that really struck a chord, and it goes,

    First I was dying to finish high school and finish college.

    And then I was dying to finish college and start working.

    And then I was dying to marry and have children.

    And then I was dying for my children to grow old enough for school so I could return to work.

    And then I was dying to retire.

    And now, I am dying… and suddenly I realize I forgot to live.

Living in the Moment Living in the Moment Reviewed by David Stevens on 3:50 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.