Technology

It’s Not Just What We Had That Hurts, But What We Lost

 It’s Not Just What We Had That Hurts, But What We Lost 


It’s not just our past, but our nonexistent future.

It’s not just that I gave you my heart, but that you still have it.

It’s not just all the words said, but all the words that will go unsaid.

It’s not just that you didn’t promise to stay, but that I believed you would.

It’s not just all the “good morning”s and “good night”s whispered, but the unavoidable absence of those simple words.

It’s not just everything we did, but everything we should have done.

It’s not just all the late nights spent with you, but all the late nights spent thinking of you.

It’s not just that I used to dream of you, but that I still do.

It’s not just all the sweet nothings exchanged between you and me, but that you’ll find another girl to take my place.

It’s not just everything we were, but everything I thought we would be.

It’s not just all the kisses that stained my pale lips, but the fading of those stains due to the lack of your kiss.

It’s not just that I fell in love, but that I didn’t fall out of love.

It’s not just all the time spent together, but all the time I imagined we still had.

It’s not just the memory of you and me, but the death of you and me.

It’s not just all the late night phone calls shared, but all the late nights I waste staring at my phone wishing you’d call.

It’s not just that you left, but that I hope you’ll come back.

It’s not just all the mistakes we made, but that we won’t be able to fix them.

It’s not just that you let me go, but that you let me go so effortlessly.

It’s not just my heart you had, but my heart you broke.

You see, it’s not just what we had that hurts, but what we lost.
It’s Not Just What We Had That Hurts, But What We Lost  It’s Not Just What We Had That Hurts, But What We Lost Reviewed by David Stevens on 12:17 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.